BEWARE OF LAMBA!👹 LAMBANOG DRINK KILLS 9 AND 122 HOSPITALISED
Since it may be difficult to control some products that cones into the nation at this season, a beverage product you need to avoid is lambanog.
Nine people died and more than 100 were hospitalised after drinking local drink made from coconut sap in two separate incidents in the Philippines, police said Monday.
Eight people died after drinking a local brand of the traditional liquor, known as LAMBANOG, at a get-together in Laguna province of Manila, a police report said.
At least 122 residents from the town were also rushed to hospital suffering with stomach aches, vomiting, and numbness in some parts of the body, with some collapsing and losing consciousness, it added.
The ninth victim died in nearby town in Quezon province on Sunday, three days after he drank an unbranded lambanog with neighbours.
Six people from there were also rushed to hospital, including two who were comatose, the police report added.
Lambanog is a traditional alcoholic drink derived from coconut sap.
It has a high alcohol content of around 40 per cent, and some are home-made and distilled in unsanitary conditions.